Terms & Conditions
This website is the property of Thanet District Council, PO Box 9, Cecil Street, Margate, Kent.
By accessing this website at http://communityportal.thanet.gov.uk/home, you accept the terms and conditions of use set out below. Please read them carefully. If you do not accept these terms and conditions of use, do not use the Site.
Thanet District Council reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. If you continue to use this website after a change has been made to the terms and conditions of use, you are deemed to have accepted it.
If you have any questions about the Community Portal web site, or these policies, please contact the Web Communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01843 577035
Use of the Site
- You may browse, view and use information on the Site for your own personal, non-commercial, purposes
- You agree only to use the Community Portal web site for lawful purposes. You will not disrupt, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Site, or infringe anyone else's rights.
- You may not harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person
- You may not transmit obscene or offensive content
When you submit any content to the Community Portal web site (including any text, photographs, graphics, video, or audio) you:
- Grant the Council a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive and worldwide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform, play, communicate to the public, and exercise all other rights in your contribution and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any such rights, and in accordance with the Privacy statement
- Accept that any content you submit to Thanet District Council for publishing on the site will be moderated, and possibly edited, at the discretion of Thanet District Council
- Warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to submit it to Thanet District Council for all of the purposes specified above
- Is not defamatory
- Is not contributed with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act; and
- Does not infringe any law
- Warrant that you have obtained all permissions and consents necessary to allow the Council to exercise the rights granted above, and have otherwise complied with the Contributors' Guidelines or equivalent published on the Site from time to time
- Indemnify Thanet District Council against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the above warranties
- Waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
When using the Community Portal website, you must follow these rules:
- Contributions must be constructive, polite and not contributed with disruptive intent.
- Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not permitted.
- You may not post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of personal or commercial soliciting.
- You must not post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Impersonation is not allowed and material submitted under inappropriate or offensive names may be removed or modified.
- Links to other websites or URLs may be removed by the moderators.
- Not act in any way that might bring Thanet District Council into disrepute.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or be accessing the Site with the full consent of a parent or guardian.
Breaking the Site Rules
If you break any of these Site Rules, your content may be removed from the Community Portal web site. Thanet District Council reserves the right to moderate or delete any contribution, at any time, for any reason.
Thanet District Council may also use whatever information is available to them about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, police or e-mail provider about the infringement/s.
- Please take care when adding contact or personal information (e.g. telephone number, home address or e-mail address) to the Community Portal web site.
- Do not add any information to the Community Portal web site that you are not happy to make available to the Public.
- Do not disclose any personal information about anyone else without first their consent
For more information about Data Protection please visit the Information Commissioners web site